Breast Augmentation Surgery which is one of the Breast Aesthetic Surgeries is a method applied by women to have more aesthetic, fuller, and more beautiful breasts. There are situations in which our breasts are not large enough to comfort us for many reasons. In these cases, the operations we perform with silicone implant placement are called breast augmentation surgeries.
Reasons for Breast Augmentation Aesthetics
- A desire to have fuller breasts.
- Having innate underdeveloped breasts.
- To want to proportionate body measurements (when we want to proportion our hip width and chest width).
- Restoring breasts that shrink after pregnancy (due to breastfeeding) (in some cases combined with breast lift surgery).
- If two nipples are of different size, it is desirable to have them in the same size.
- In the event that the desired results weren’t obtained in previous breast aesthetic surgery or if there is a problem in that area.
- For the re-formation of the breast after the treatment of breast cancer that is undesirable to experience (let’s not neglect our mammography examinations after a certain age).
Breast augmentation surgery is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 1-1.5 hours; it is the placement of silicone implants (prostheses) into the breast. After the operation, the patient is dressed in a specially designed bra which is very similar to sports bra. If necessary, we also apply a tight bandage on the bra. The patient stays in the hospital for one night after the surgery. In this way, both follow-up and intravenous painkillers provide a more comfortable first night life. You will be discharged the next day after our examinations.
Pain After Breast Augmentation Surgery
As you may have learned from your research or from those who have undergone surgery before, it is true that “the first two days have some pain”. Pain is suppressed by intravenous painkillers given in the hospital on the first day and pills taken after discharge. As you know, pain varies from person to person. We endure a few days of pain for the look you will have later.
Recovery after Breast Augmentation
The first two days, we rest as much as possible. Because of the tension in the muscles and the increased pain caused by the movement of the arm, you should rest by sitting upright. During this period, there will be some selling in your breasts. After the first two days, the pain will decrease, the arm movements will be relaxed and the swelling will decrease. In order to shape the breast with a prosthesis, you will continue to wear the bra given after the surgery for a period of 1.5 months. For 2 months, you will take a break from work and sports where your arm movements are intense. After breast augmentation surgery, your doctor begins the scar removing treatment.
In short, you will slowly return to your normal life on the third day after your surgery.